Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-08, 17:24   Link #3321
freeofgreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
Pitou is a girl in anime even had the seiyuu voiced Pitou and that won't be questioned.
You do know that about half of the male characters in this show are voice by women right? So I guess, Gon, Killua, Zushi, Shalnark etc.. are also female then by your logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
I don't want my image of Pitou gets ruined.
I get the feeling that this is the rationale behind most people wanting Pitou to be a female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Pitou's gender is completely irrelevant to the plot. Togashi himself probably doesn't even care what her gender is. We're discussing it because genders are important to us viewers, I suppose. We need to know which pronoun to use when referring to the character in order to avoid causing confusion.
Exactly, you hit the nail on the head. Although Seeing as how there's so many trap characters in this series I get the feeling that Togashi actually has a reason for making certain characters who look like females, men (Kurapika, kalluto, etc...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
"word of god" can only go so far.

What if Togashi brings back Leorio into the story, and he's still the exact same person we know him to be complete with his chin stubble...but then announces that he's actually a canon girl?

Then Gon goes to visit his aunt Mito, still the same as ever...but no, she was a man since the beginning...at least officially now he is.
Word of god can go as far as the author wants it too. If those scenerios you mentioned did come true then we'd have no choice but to just shut up and accept it, since it's what the author wanted. An example of this actually happened in Jojo's bizarre adventure, where the author made this character

Spoiler:

into a man (Not a spoiler since it had nothing to do with the plot at all).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
Remember Razor? Yeah, about that.
Am I missing something? What about Razor?
freeofgreed is offline   Reply With Quote