View Single Post
Old 2008-04-14, 01:51   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

And so... the long long 52 episodes are done.

The OP and EDs were all very enjoyable.

Overall, great series and very enjoyable to watch. Very funny, and there are a good number of touching moments too. Almost all of the characters are likable, which is another plus. Design-wise, no problems. A lot of characters are pretty flat, which I prefer, especially over giant breasts (my feelings only get stronger thanks to garbage like Kanokon...)
Can always count on this to start the day off good, since it doesn't go deep dark and angsty, and is a bright series in general.

Story-wise, Hayate the Combat Butler doesn't really have much of a plot. Just episodic adventures of our poor and indebted butler. The only part I didn't really care much for was the whole Kuzuha/Snake arc. Though the random butler battles and parodies were hilarious.

Unless it really stands out, I usually don't notice the BGMs much, so no complaints or compliments here.

Rating: 9/10, as much as I like this series, it doesn't get a 10/10 because there are definitely more boring episodes, and a couple of characters I'd rather not appear or see.

And onward to season two, whenever it appears. Maybe I'll think about being more active on this sub-forum.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)