View Single Post
Old 2004-04-22, 22:35   Link #48
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Slade xTekno - You freak, I LOVE your av and sig!!! Any hoo...yeah, I pointed out also that work/fun need to be balanced. I quit band so that I could study more, work $$$$, and still have free-time.

raikage - yeah, I know about taking it to a higher authority ie: OMBUBS, Dept, Student Affairs. I also know that sometimes there's no point in trying to deal with imcompetence from someone who's supposed to be looking out for you interest by providing you with intellectually stimuating interactions. I've been on both sides of the fence. I like where I'm at now b/c they DO listen. They try to not only drill the info into your head, but also try to relate to you. That's how it's supposed to be done.

PriestessKikyo - heh...I dreaded looking for a prom date. I'm almost completely shy when it comes to things like that. You can still argue points across w/ professors in college if they're open-minded. That's when things get fun and interesting b/c you really get a chance to find out about how all their experience plays into everything. When they lose all formalities and treat you like an equal is an awesome feeling. Every class is up for debate, even math! Where else can you have 1=0 and 0=1 that doesn't pertain to code? The thing I do miss about high school is the "electric fence" feeling. You don't have all this stuff to worry about most of the time but when you go too far ZAP!! Sure the fence hurts since it's there for your protection, but you also learn to notice that it's there and figure out ways to get around it. I'm getting kind depressed now b/c I of miss being semi-popular
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote