View Single Post
Old 2010-05-17, 17:35   Link #9
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I tried to show her some slice-of-life or slap sticks anime... it does not work out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
ARIA (Animation, Natural, Arietta, Origination), throw in Sketchbook ~Full Colors
Aria is such a "slice of life" that if they both liked that I'd eat my hat. Granted it's a good series, but it's so lazy and slice of life style...

While more details would be nice about what you're looking for (or what you think they and you would like) would help, there have been some recommendations here that could fit already.

Code Geass will probably work too. It's not girly, slice of life, etc. You'll probably like it, and they may too as it can reach a large audience.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha may also work. It's got "Magical Girl" in the title so that may make it appeal to younger girls, but at the same time it's not anywhere near your traditional mahou shoujo series, so you may like it too. I know in the past people have used this image to describe it.

Finally, definitely will second, third, whatever lol, the Ghibli movies. As was said they're even released by Disney here in the states. So should be an easy sell.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate