View Single Post
Old 2013-08-08, 02:58   Link #115
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyni View Post
This part in the Q&A stood out for me:

This makes all those pervert Homura fanart more creepy.

I don't mean to sound homphobic or anything like that, just that none of Homura's actions ever expressed sexual attraction in the slightest. Then again, maybe a lot of characters are like that.
I'm honestly guessing that Urobuchi and Shinbo had different trains of thought here; keep in mind, Shinbo did scatter random yuri references here and there, tho nothing that would really mean much unless you have experience with yuri anime in general. (and Nanoha. Maybe that counts...or not ) Personally, even though the writer has the last and final word, the writer and director might not be sharing the same opinion...

Also, this is Urobuchi, who's known for trolling, and while I'm not really thinking of this as trolling, I'm not ruling it out either (especially since hints of yuri exist in a lot of his series.) Plus, you could argue that it could be another timeline/universe...which I'm not going to go further into because that's a whole new worm cannery.

Of course, I do agree that generally, the "Perverted Homura" meme seems out of character, but hey, fans can create what they want, and it gives me a good laugh once in a while.

Personally I think Kyouko x Sayaka is a much better fit, because their pairing does seem to fit several classical legends (and we all know how much Madoka Magica allude to those.) And going by the different universe/timelines theory, anything can happen...

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos

Last edited by speedyexpress48; 2013-08-08 at 03:16.
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote