View Single Post
Old 2007-11-29, 15:27   Link #53
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

My very first Harvest Moon was the one on the GameBoy. I forgot how I got it... But it totally hooked me. I went on to buy Harvest Moon 2 and 3 on the GBC. Played them to death as well. HM64 though... Oh man that one hooked me for so long. Taking the farming of the GB/GBC ones and adding in the ability to get married and add more characters and such?

Back to Nature... That one too sucked up my life. Took the bits of 64 that were good and then added new ones to improve on them. I only played the Save the Homeland on PS2, and yes. It was horrible. Took everything good about Harvest Moon, threw it out, and put in something new.

Harvest Moon DS was great too. It had elements of Back to Nature in it, so I enjoyed it a lot. Plus come on... Gambling!

A Wonderful Life was a interesting one. The only Harvest Moon, besides StH, to actually have a 'ending'. It was a really wonderful game I think myself. I missed things like Power Berries, but I liked how as you used tools more your character's Stamina naturally went up, it felt more realistic. I haven't played the PS2 remake, where you can marry everyone's favorite jailbait Lumina, or the For Girls version. Not enough money @_@

Haven't played Rune Factory though... And no Wii so I haven't looked into the HM coming out on it. D: