Thread: Netflix Pokemon (Pocket Monsters)
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-27, 01:00   Link #194
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode of "N". Conclusion.

Today, I've finished yet another chapter in the Pokemon saga with the conclusion to episode of N.

Sumarizing in a very concise manner the last three episodes, everyone got rounded.

N had no other choice but to surrender the light stone witnessing Ash sacrifcing his life so much to calm down Pikachu from being controlled due to Achroma's machine.

Ghetsis initiates the ritual, summoning at last Reshiram. It is quickly dealt by Achroma's machine, but not before Helena and Verbena, N's protegés, join the fray to no use.

Nowadays, enter Inspector Looker requesting help from TR to keep the Plasma grunts and their Pokemon busy, so as to buy time for Ash to get near the machine.

Pikachu doesn't want to stay behind and joins the fray, but it gets controlled again by the machine. However, to Ghetsis and Achroma's surprise Pikachu's fighting off the mind control, since Ash voice is barely reaching it. Then, Pikachu, proceeds to thunderbolt Reshiram in order to knock the Dragon back to its senses.

Mustering some self control the two Pokemon launch their best attacks, demolishing the machine in the process, and so freeing not only themselves but the rest of the Pokemon from the mind control.

Achroma's stupefied for what he witnessed, but Team Plasma have no time for an escape, as Ash and co. quickly rounded them up for good

The International Police shows up and TP is arrested for good, along with Ghetsis.

During the course of the whole ordeal, N saw in flesh about the interaction between Ash and his Pokemon possessing a bond of deep friendship; N's long sought ideal.
Witnessing Ash and his Pokemon, N gets inspired to look for a world where Humans and Pokemon can cooperate with each other, and not living separately. Hence, he starts on a new journey of his own taking both Helena and Verbena with him.

As usual, the so formulaic ending with Ash and co. saying farewell to and parting ways from N.

Conclusion. To tell the truth I found the climax with Meloetta and Team Rocket at the Ocean Temple quite fun and intense than N's final episode with Team Plasma summoning Reshiram. I don't know it felt the whole ordeal just like your average episode to me.

I feel N's potential as a character was not fully brought forward in this story arc that made him injustice. This story arc by itself had its great moments and those that made it go downhill at times. I felt more episodes were needed for more development on N and, perhaps, Ghetsis, but the latter was always reduced as just a control freak, tyrant obsessed to make weapons out of legendary Pokemon.

Well, for me I'm finally done with this story arc, and from here until the release of the new generation of games in October, I do not know what to do next.
I guess I'll have no choice but to stick with Pokemon for the Decolora Adventure story arc, until Ash returns back home to Kanto. Once that story arc is over, then it'll be the definite good-bye to Pokemon once and for all for me.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote