View Single Post
Old 2011-12-12, 23:18   Link #1012
Beri270T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Wait, you said you hated Marina?! BLASPHEMER!!!!!

Marina is awesome, and I am appalled to see that you somehow despise her.
She's just meh compared to the other snipers. Not very interesting at all compared to the others. Her Ultimate accuracy potential isn't overly useful unless you're using E to C aim rifles, or trying to shoot the absolute smallest target at the very end.

What really made me write her off was that every mission I used her on in the first few levels of the game resulted in failure every time. And it all hinged on needing Marina at those moments. I associated both her and Oscar with failure. Cezary was the sniper that got it done. His flaws just serve to make him a more attractive character. Had Marina been a scout, I'd have liked her much better, but characterwise she's still meh. That's why I like what's been done with her in fanfiction by a few people. They make a meh character into something tantalizing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
I don't play my Scouts as long range rifleman, they are more akin to Shock Troopers since most maps are won by your Scouts so weapons with high damage capabilities and high capacity are preferred.
The S20 gets the job done just the same, using the same technique with engineers even. But I don't aim for doing every mission in one turn by using just Alicia. I move my team as one mob, because that's what I just love to do. And for good measure I give those good Kars to the weaker scouts and engineers. Best I ever gave Alicia was the Kar 4. I think Nancy has the Kar 9. Before I had them though I just used the Gallian S series in the method you described Fallschirmjager.

It really just depends on preference and styles of play. Everybody like the Edelweiss, but I prefer the Shamrock. Mobility is my style.
Beri270T3 is offline   Reply With Quote