View Single Post
Old 2010-06-28, 20:00   Link #34
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'd have to say fanservice and other strange otaku fetishes in an anime that I feel is supposed to be serious:
Spoiler for space:
This is the main thing about anime that I dislike. I don't mind fanservice in general, but it really feels out of place in certain animes. Certain animes have fairly serious and interesting plots to them and/or work perfectly fine without fanservice, so I dislike it being added in beyond a few comedic relief scenes. It feels really forced when used a lot, and an unwanted distraction or breaking of the mood.

Just to be clear, I don't mind Ikkitousen. And I don't mind K-On! Those animes are really upfront about what they are (ecchi and moe respectively). And there's definitely a place for animes like them.

But a few times in the past year I've started watching an anime that I thought would be a pretty serious straightforward story and it gets bogged down in excessive fanservice. It's like going in to a movie expecting Legend of the Galactic Heroes, and ending up watching Kiddy Girl-And.