View Single Post
Old 2011-10-22, 09:30   Link #1030
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Possibly because i expected they will act like their Code Geass counterparts but they didn't.

Let's see:
Shu is a shy, strong but kind kid with a heart while Lelouch who is prideful, has daddy issues, a siscon, vicious mindset and a pathetic weakling.
Gai is sorta like Lelouch, if Lelouch was more honest about his opinions about his crew but doesn't treat them as pawns, isn't a smug, looks great, isn't a weakling and kicks ass.
Inori is almost emotionless girl but is a hard dutiful member while CC is a lazy, sarcastic bum who eats pizza all day.
Britannia is oppressive due to it's Social Darwinism and belief they are a better race than others while GHQ are oppressive due to a paranoid fear of a return of a virus that devastated Japan.

In conclusion, Guilty Crown is no Code Geass but something else.
Hahahaha... is this a joke? You only focused on the negative aspects of the CG characters. Two can play this game.

Shu is a follower. He does what other people tell him, and he's easily swayed by beauty. He decides to help out a terrorist and falls into a pathetic depression after knowing her for literally a minute. He's secretly loving the fact that he's been thrust into the role of a protagonist for two episodes.

Gai emotionally manipulates his comrades because he knows that they want to bone him. He's reckless and doesn't think his plans through. He would have gotten all of those civilians murdered if this show were more realistic.

Inori is an object. Half of the lines that come out of her mouth are about how she's a possession "I'll give you my everything; I'm yours; I already belong to you; use me." She has no personality, and is solely in this show for sex appeal.

The GHQ mass murder civilians cruelly without having any real aims. They just sort of do it for the sake of being mean. They're moustache-twirling villains.
Toto y Moi is offline   Reply With Quote