View Single Post
Old 2011-12-04, 21:25   Link #47
Ec1ge
A true 灼眼のシャナ Shanite. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giriath View Post
Ugh, god I really don't like Shakugan no Shana. It's all about creating drama and action, and almost never does it in any clever way. Actually, I find most of the drama and action to be completely without thought, to the point that it sometimes don't even make any sense. Let me tell of some examples I found in this episode.

Since being imprisoned, Shana has been desperate for a chance to counter-attack and escape. If she knew summoning Nietono no Shana was an option, she would have done so long ago (optimally when Serieden was left almost deserted, if her being consistently capable of thought--and not just when it suits the story--was an option), yet she's not at all surprised when just shouting its name makes it appear in the form of Tenmokku Ikko (who is an armor apart from the sword by the way, but to hell with consistency when there can be drama).

Shana appears seriously injured after the blast in the corridor--perhaps even unable to move her lower body, as she spends two minutes of our time crawling on her forearms. Then when the maid-rinne grabs her she is able to spring up, go ape-shit on it and then stand up and appear fine when Tenmokku Ikko appears.

Perhaps the most puzzling occurrence in this episode is that Tenmokku Ikko was able to cut through Fecor's Magnecia and kill him...I mean WTF. Very powerful flame haze haven't been able to do so in the past, but suddenly when it's important to the story that he die, BAM! he's dead. I suppose using those wings on his back to fly away from the slow-moving suit of armor (oh, wait; it suddenly learned to run in this episode) wouldn't occur to a character that is destined to die for there to be more drama and action.

Maybe the authors are unable to create characters that can consistently think on even a basic level, let alone be smart or behave appropriately to their background and experiences, from which one can infer a roughly accurate portrayal of a how person might act (not brain-dead, in the case of most these flame haze and guze no tomogara--most of which have lived a looong time, learned a lot and experienced much).

Or maybe the intended audience is 13-15 year old boys who the authors for some reason expect will be unable to understand why their story and their characterization especially, is awful.
All i gotta say is if you don't like the series for how it is, than don't watch it.
It's as simple as that.

There are many other fans who love this series for it non-original story, storytelling, characters, and message it tries to give.