View Single Post
Old 2009-07-02, 03:58   Link #138
Westlo
Lets be reality

Well I guess the Umineko OPs will never hold a candle to the Higurashi ones.. *has Superscription of Data on repeat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
While many have pointed out that it felt a little rushed, the parts that they skipped over could be introduced later if need be. If the first episode was to introduce the characters, the setting, and the basic plot as quickly as possible it did its job. Sure the details were cut out, but they did manage to hit the big parts: the characters, the meeting, the introduction of Beatrice and the epitaph, and the Maria-Rosa relationship.

Overall I gave it a 9/10 for its promptness. Rather than spending minutes on details that could be covered in later episodes, it went straight to the facts and I am pleased with the outcome.
Aside from your score of 9/10 (I'll rate it 7/10 myself) this post pretty much says what I wanted to. Also I think people should ease up a bit on the "they didn't cover this scene" talk. Especially for things that explains character actions.. there is a very good chance they cover it in the next few episodes... Battler and his family situation, Natsuhi and Eva's tense relationship.. they have scenes to include them instead of trying to cram them and everything else into episode 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Kinzo's scene was... well geared on madness, though still lost his charisma I believe. But honestly, did they really had to focus that much on the mouth animation? It didn't fit the voice.
What charisma? I'm sure he was charismatic in the past but atm Kinzo to me has as much charisma as a dead person. He's a raving lunatic atm and nowhere near being charismatic. I was going to mention this in the music thread after the drama cd came out but I forgot but seriously can you explain this? I just don't see it, no one I talk to sees it in this scene.