View Single Post
Old 2008-03-31, 02:33   Link #13
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Animation Quality: 9
Excellent. At first, I disliked the character designs, but I eventually got used to it; the animation was constant at good quality, no specific complaints.

Voice Actors: X
I can't comment much. Personally, though, I didn't find the voices very appealing, Noe's held the cute innocence, but it was quite annoying at times when it was overused. Shin'ichiro trying to cry and sing in the last episode sent shivers down my spine (and not the good kind.) Aside from that, I'd say it was pretty good.

Script: 8
A solid script. Each episode ended on a good note with a strong cliffhanger to have the viewer wanting to see the next episode.

Characters: 7
I personally didn't like the characters much at all. Shin'ichiro was a pretty weak male lead, though not to the level of Makoto or general shounen harem leads. He was indecisive up until the last minute, and even still, it's not clear whether or not he was able to "get over" Noe.
Hiromi is a character I have mixed feelings over, she was also quite indecisive, though I favoured her over Noe due to her "childhood friend" status and long hair (though it's revealed that she's a meganekko later in the series. ) I didn't find her shenanigans with Noe's brother (he didn't impact me enough for me to remember his name.) to be very entertaining, and I really did feel School Days vibes nearing the end of the series (though I knew it wouldn't end that way.)
Noe was one of the characters I had few qualms about; she was unique, but just enough so. At times, she would be a bit brusque and childlike, but it was in her personality to do so.

Emotional Involvement: 7
Compared to the rest of the winter season (except Clannad), it was a lot of "emotional involvement", but the situations, characters, etc., weren't as dramatic as I thought they would be.

Overall: High 7
One of the better series of the Winter Season, something not to be missed by romance fans, though a bit lacking in touching drama. Probably one of the better recent romance series, behind Ef - A Tale of Memories and Clannad (if you classify it as a "romance").

Last edited by qtipbrit; 2008-03-31 at 03:36.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote