View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 04:55   Link #5575
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
lol I was wondering why he was so into the fight. He wasn't like that in the manga?

I loved this episode a lot. It's nice to see more Laxus, and I love how his character has developed throughout. He's really cool too.

His relationship with his dad is interesting. I can see why Master wouldn't want to take action on his own son, but that form of thinking does't always apply from child to parent. Laxus showed it too. Laxus and Master are good people though, whereas Ivan isn't so much.
Really interested what this secret is.

The battle was really fun to watch, and already it's looking to be my favorite of the arc so far.
Yeah, that guy was way too into that fight. I think they should put a restraining order in on him. He was already super hyped up when announcing Cheria in the first place...

Laxus really has come a long way. Get to see a lot of him with flashbacks. Started off as the good kid, then his dad gets kicked out which left him angry and confused, that carried on until it overwhelmed his reasoning and he did all that Battle of Fairy Tail nonsense. In the end got some sense knocked into him and his time away from the guild gave him greater perspective. Growing up with Fairy Tail, probably left him unable to truly appreciate what a great place it was until he left for a while. Now can truly treat the guild as his family, though of course his grandfather will always be special .

Think it was easier for Laxus to draw that line with his father. Can see how he might have ended up if he didn't change. His father was kicked out and became twisted and pathetic. His whole existence about making an anti-Fairy Tail guild. While succession has gotten silly with Macao becoming Master, followed by Gildarts, followed by Makarov again, I do think Laxus has finally matured into a guy who can become the Master of Fairy Tail at some point.