View Single Post
Old 2012-05-06, 14:48   Link #8152
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
I think Hiro Mashima said in that recent extra manga volume chapter that Raven Tail was never a dark guild to begin with, but merely an independent guild (kind of like Crime Sorciere), and it was a mistake on his part to let readers think it was a dark guild to begin with. I mean, when Raven Tail was introduced as an official guild, hardly any of the audience members knew what it was, and I'm assuming that Makarov himself was assuming them to be a dark guild when he first found out about it.
The end of volume omake you're talking about is done as an article for Sorcerer Weekly written by Jason, that reporter who was a judge on day 2.

As such, it's not Mashima saying it was a mistake on his part to let readers think it was a dark guild, but the reporter within the series saying it to readers within the series.

Raven Tail's actual status is up for debate. Back when Ivan was introduced around the festival, even in narration boxes they were listed as a dark guild. When they were reintroduced just before the start of the games, they were listed in narration boxes as a regular magic guild, not an independent guild like Crime Sorciere described themselves in dialogue later that chapter. Then again, back when Eisenwald first appeared, they were listed in narration boxes as a regular guild as well.

So two possibilities exist. 1) Mashima decided to retcon Raven Tail into a non-dark independent guild for most of their existence, only to affiliate themselves with the other guilds at some point after Fairy Tail's return 2) They are indeed a dark guild and have pulled off some shenanigans to get themselves listed as a regular guild and into the tournament.

This all is of course complicated, by the fact that the initial description of dark guilds was "We call whatever guild that doesn't belong to the league, a "dark guild." So for all that Crime Sorciere likes to call them themselves an independent guild, they are by very definition of being independent, a dark guild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
i'm thinking Kagura is the granddaughter of one of the old council members and is after him for ruining her family.
Possible, though a bit of a mundane reason for the level of hatred that's implied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Hmm, I wonder... I think we may be looking in the wrong place... In the tower of Heaven arc, Ikaruga was the leader of the Trinity Raven group, and she also wielded a sword. In the manga, it appeared the three were dead, but in the anime it looked like they had fled (according to wiki).

What if Kagura is the sister of Ikaruga, and wants revenge on Jellal for the "death" of her sister?
Yeah, people have mentioned the idea. Personally, I'd prefer that over her connection to Jellal being Simon. Just for the fun of seeing her moral high ground crumble as it's learned that she's trying to get revenge for a sadistic, ruthless assassin to whom the only thing Jellal did was hire her. Erza's the one who cut her down and left her to die - either of her wounds, or from Etherion.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote