View Single Post
Old 2011-01-29, 17:22   Link #223
PastPrime

I had a thought. What if the whole thing is like a circle, where, when a Magical Girl gets defeated she becomes a Witch, so the Witch Sayaka killed was really Mami, who was trying to get revenge on Madoka for not keeping her promise, and when Witches die they are reincarnated and Kyubey makes a contract with them and it starts over again.

I suspect that negative emotions can also turn a Magical Girl into a Witch. I could see Kamijo and Madoka meeting and falling in love, without Madoka even knowing about Sayaka's feelings, and when Sayaka finds out the jealousy, anger, and feeling of being betrayed by her best friend, turns her into a Witch. And Madoka ends up fighting her, either not knowing until the fatal strike who it is, or else trying unsuccessfully to get her to change back.

And I have to wonder about Kyubey. It is possible that he is actually working, in his on way, to end the Magical Girl cycle. Just using the old "Good of the many out weights the good of the few", and "You can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs" approach. Madoka's dream might have actually been about the final battle and Kyubey is trying to get enough really powerful Magical Girls to win it.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote