View Single Post
Old 2012-09-22, 00:23   Link #750
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i like it too and i really like his character as well. he's one of my favorites. i just dont think that his shikai (let alone whatever his bankai does since that's apparently too crazy to use with allies around) fits in the normal realm of zanpakutou powers in that it changes the form of his body to a shadow. not impossible in the bleachverse of course, like mayuri melting down vs ishida for instance, but when it comes to zanpakutou's they dont ever change the user's body like that (unless i'm forgetting someone...). but yea, i do like it
Well initially, Komamura's bankai made Komamura himself a giant. So I guess that can count as a zanpakuto ability that changed the "form" of his body from small to large. Baishin is perhaps a more prominent example though as his bankai transformed him into a being made of swords.

Ultimately, I think it simply comes down to the fact that Kubo's never claimed absolute limitations for what Bankai abilities could or could not be able to do. So just because the majority of bankai abilities we've seen so far may have had some limitations to be noticed, I suppose it would be a mistake on the reader's part to immediately cancel out the possibility that there would never be a few bankai's granting abilities or traits beyond those presumed limits. Afterall, from practically the get-go Kubo at least suggested this as a possibility when he made Byakuya highlight the fact that Ichigo's bankai falls outside the norm. So why can't a couple others follow suit in different ways and to varying degrees?

Compared to some of the other asspulls this series has thrown our way, this is one issue I find myself more capable of suspending my disbelief towards.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote