View Single Post
Old 2013-08-09, 22:04   Link #19
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
Good episode. It didn't feel rushed this time around. Hagakure seems to be the prime suspect at the moment, but I'm not buying it. That would be too easy. The case actually looks to be quite easy after watching the episode two times. There are quite a lot of hints that are pointing towards someone else being the murderer, namely Celes, for the following reasons:
- Celes was quite OOC this episode. She was quite composed during the earlier cases, but she was much more emotional this time around;
- The murderer met Celes twice, but let her live both times. Suspicious;
- Celes was talking about multiple kills before the others told her about Ishimaru and she still acted surprised when Togami told her about it;
- Celes was the one who found the bodies after they were hidden.

I don't think the money was the reason for the kills. I think that the disappearance of Alter Ego played an important part here. Remember, the first half of the episode focused on Alter Ego. Both Ishimaru and Yamada wanted Alter Ego for themselves and then the laptop suddenly disappeared. Kirigiri confirmed that it couldn't have been either Ishimaru or Yamada who stole it, so it must have been someone else. This someone probably used Alter Ego to blackmail either Yamada or Ishimaru into doing something. Celes is my prime suspect for this role because of the mentioned reasons.

And I think that Yamada was the person that was used, mainly because he was the last one to die (Ishimaru died earlier). There was an announcement that a body was found when Yamada died on Asahina's lap. But there was an announcement when they found him in the Nurse's office as well. I guess that the first announcement was the moment when Togami, Fukawa and Oogami found Ishimaru's corpse, while Yamada was playing dead. Either this or Yamada really died and came back to life, only to die again, but I'd find this last option too lame. I already found it quite suspicious that Yamada had no wound on his forehead after he was assaulted. He was wiping off the blood of his forehead in the Nurse's office, but after he removed the bloodied cloth, he didn't seem to have a wound. I thought it was sloppy art/animation at first, but it might have been done for a reason after all.

So it seems to be that Celes and/or Yamada killed Ishimaru. In order to put the blame on someone else, they made the picture of the 'justice robot' and made it seem like Yamada and Celes were targeted themselves as well. We haven't seen the real 'justice robot' yet, so I guess we'll have more certainty once we find out more about this 'justice robot' and once we find out what Kirigiri and Hagakure have been doing all this time.

P.S. The picture of Kuwata, Oowada and Fujisaki is really interesting, especially after Yamada told them that he met everyone before this happened. I wonder what this all means? Naegi did faint when he entered the school. Did Monokuma do something with their memories?
I think you should put your speculations in the speculations thread

One thing I found funny in this episode was when Togami was directing everyone to look for the bodies and he was just standing in the background

Last edited by mistress_kisara; 2013-08-09 at 23:25.