View Single Post
Old 2012-08-29, 19:04   Link #3429
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Yeah. I see where this is going. You shouldn't compare basketball to catastrophe. There are things that can't be compared.

It's gonna end up like Iriya no Sora, the most annoying series I've watched.

The female protagonist is the only one in the whole world who can fight the enemy and save the world.

But she doesn't want to fight. Since fighting means facing danger (she'll die if she doesn't fight anyway, she probably prefers to die lying on comfortable bed, instead of getting shot down or caught in an explosion), and she's dying already anyway.

The male protagonist is an ordinary high school boy who the female protagonist just happens to fall in love with, the only emotional support she currently has, after all her comrades dead.

The boy kind of doesn't want her to fight, the military can't have that, the military might sound like a dick, but it's because...

Even if they send millions of soldiers, they'll die in vain. It's not the matter of sacrificing one to save billions, since they have no idea whether she would be able to save the world or not, but because all mankind has 0% chance to win without her. And they'll all die.

Other countries seem to be some kind of an assholes who want them gone too, despite the fact that they have common enemy to defeat.

But shit! Let's ignore that. Let the world destroyed anyway! Who cares!? I want to live a normal life, or pretend to...

As for something like sport, there'd be other player to fill in us, they might not be able to do better, but at least let them shine, better than let them die. Goudo might act like someone with responsibility, but he's still not on par with JPS or Alec.

I think that it's true an engineer who is gifted at painting doesn't have to paint if he hates it, but a recruit who is good at sniping but hates it shouldn't act the same way when he's on duty...
But he never willingly sign on to be on duty, unlike a recruit. In this case, he's like a civilian in a battlefield who happens to be good at sniping and has a gun. Just like how not all people good at using gun has to be a recruit or be on military, just because Godou has the power doesn't mean he has to actively looking for a fight against gods, and because he doesn't want to actively trying to fight a god, like Doni or Voban, he doesn't want to know too much about gods because the more he hears about a god, the more his campione disposition kicks in and makes his blood boil, which means he has to fight a god and get the landscape around him destroyed.

BTW, there's never once in the story where he refuse to fight when the god already intrude upon his everyday life because he knows he's the only one with the power required to beat said god, so it's not like he's some kind of irresponsible jerk. He just doesn't want to be like Voban who summon a god and cause destruction around him just because he wants to satisfy his fighting desire.

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2012-08-29 at 20:25.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote