View Single Post
Old 2012-09-03, 12:44   Link #73
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
No, the reason I don't think it counts is because he never used it again for years afterwards or train its use. I'm entitled to my opinion. Why do you have such an obsession with "being right"?
That's a weird thing to say, why do you have such an obssession with being wrong?
Look I know this is discussion is pointless because when the basis of your reasoning is so patently absurd and illogical there is really nothing I can say to make you see the problem of your claim. But one more time just for the sake of the argument : I killed someone 5 years ago and another person yesterday so the first time I killed was yesterday because the first one doesn't count since I didn't kill anybody during those 5 years.
This is exactly your reasoning with a reframed subject, can't you see how nonsensical it is? As I said I guess not.
Oh well.

Moving on to a more substantial subject. Even ignoring Itachi why would you think Sasuke is only borderline compared to, say, Orochimaru when the man himself admitted that at the same age he was considerably less talented than Sasuke? Do you think he was lying to himself?
And in fact let's not ignore Itachi, a genius for sure who contrary to Sasuke started experiencing warfare at a younger age and never stopped until his death, is it any wonder that he developped faster than Sasuke under those circumstances?
The fact is that the very first time Sasuke was put in real danger he awakened his Sharingan (which doesnt count I know), improved it again during his 2nd real battle and from that point on increased in power at a dramatical pace. Sasuke right now is still younger than Itachi in part 1, how strong can he grow in one more year? In part two Itachi was 21, how powerful could Sasuke be 4-5 years from now? Itachi surely had an earlier start but Sasuke rapidly filled the gap passed a certain age and is still increasing in power at a fast rate.

You also say that Sasuke's achievements hardly compare to Itachi's but I beg to differ, Sasuke elemental mastery is miles ahead of anything Itachi ever shown in this category, the creation of Kirin by itself is a feat virtually unmatched in the elemental jutsu department. Itachi was and probably always will be better in Genjutsu but he had nothing on Sasuke Ninjutsu-wise and while he was clearly better with the MS he also had years of experience to master it contrary to Sasuke who has it since what? 2 or 3 weeks now?

So long story short Itachi is indeed a genius, one of the greatest in this manga without a doubt but your dismissal of Sasuke looks like more of a personal issue you have with the character than what was shown in the story.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote