View Single Post
Old 2006-08-07, 15:45   Link #502
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ Heilex
I believe you... its just that I don't have that Ep...

If you really want it... then there are two ways to do it...
  1. Make it yourself... there are tons of tutorials in the Fan Creation forum explaining everything you need to know...

Here's an Index to all the stuff... organised in categorys...
    The FREE most commonly used to make gifs is GIMP

2. Simply post the frames from the timeframe you want... see the little guide bellow... I know it looks big but that's because it explains everything to the last button you have to press ^_^
How to capture & post the frames...
First you'll need VirtualDub (Free progy... that's about 1mb... comes in rar... no need to install)
You can download it from one of the international hosts Here...
You'll also need to install XviD (XviD Direct Download Link - 629kb)... you can try to run VirtualDub without it... but if you're using only the codecs suggested by AnimeSuki then the video file you want definitely won't open...
Now all that's left is the simple process of capturing the frames... ^_^ (button by button tutorial)
  1. Open VirtualDub (after you unrar it anywhere you want and then just run VirtualDub.exe)
  2. Go to File » Open video file...(or simply press Ctrl+O)
  3. Search for the Episode... Select it and press Enter (or Click Open)
  4. Search for the start of the sequence you want (the first frame)
    You can use the Arrow Keys to navigate... note that the video starts paused... you can press space to play it... but that's not really necessary...

To see at what time in the video you are simply look at the little information on the bar bellow the Video display screen... as shown in the image bellow (from left to right in the image it reads : 0 hours 00 minutes 54 seconds 833 milliseconds)

5. When you're at the desired frame (that should be the first frame you want... in the case of your request it should be at 6:21)... mark it using the button shown in the image bellow...

6. Search for the frame at the end of the sequence you want... (that should be at 6:24/25 according to your previous post)... and press the button shown bellow...

7. Now go to File » Save image sequence...
    At Filename prefix write a name that comes to mind... like "Yuiichi" or "avatar"
    At Minimum number of digits in name write 3
    At Directory to hold images select an empty directory on your hdd... you can minimise VirtualDub and just create one if none are available...
    At Output format select jpeg... and just kick it up to 100 (for max quality )
  8. Click ok to save the frames to the designated folder...
To Place the frames in your post...
  1. Make it an archive...
    If the folder was named "frames" for example then to make it an archive... you need to right click on it and select Add to "frames.rar" (or it could be Add to "frames.zip" but it doesn't really matter)
  2. Go to this site... http://rapidshare.de/
  3. Click Choose... select your file (if I were to consider the example above then that would mean you would have to select frames.rar)
  4. Click Upload
  5. After it finishes... don't enter any information there just click on the text that says "I don't want a collector's account right now. Just give me the download-link." Copy the link that's right after the "Your Download-Link #1 :" text and place (paste) it in your post... all done ^_^
//Note : The service is 100% FREE, doesn't require registration and you can upload files up to 300mb...

@ lukewarmavenger
Sorry I only have that Ep in at RM quality...
I could make it if you wish... but at 50X50 and with the RM quality... everything would look horrible... while reducing to such a size is technically eliminating some of the defects in the animation (like some of which you can see in the avatar I made for satohari... to tell you the truth some of the things you see flying around aren't exactly rocks ... and if you'll notice much of the lineart is gone... especially in the eyes were its most important)... but from experience I can say it still might end up like a big blob of colours with no lines... if you want I can try to make it... just post here saying so...

The alternatives would be the same as the ones I stated above for Heilex
Well there's actually a third alternative... some kind soul out there that has the damn things in nice ol' decent quality .avi (or any other format) to kindly assist you and grant your humble request...

Last edited by felix; 2006-09-14 at 09:20. Reason: Changed the Imagehost to RapidShare.de
felix is offline   Reply With Quote