View Single Post
Old 2009-12-04, 12:07   Link #20279
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
If I make a change in a character's personality, I try to keep it within reasonable limits, but at the same time I make sure it has roots in canon.

Since we're talking about Hayate specifically, within the canon she's shown to be playful and cheerful (the groping thing, tanuki!Hayate), but then there are times where she can be serious and a little unsure of herself (she had many doubts about running Riot Force 6). So I don't think the different portrayals of her in fics are OOC, they just usually only focus on only one aspect of her personality.

Even though it's fanon, Hayate being into cosplay does have roots in the canon as well. She designed the Wolkenritter's barrier jackets, and you know how fancy and elaborate those are. Her being into dressing people up in stuff like that (ie, cosplay) doesn't seem like much of a stretch.

Well, I'm pretty forgiving about OOCness if done for the sake of comedy. If it gets a laugh, I won't dwell too much on it. Though crazy stalker!Fate gets on my nerves.