View Single Post
Old 2011-08-04, 17:16   Link #91
Kantoku
見ぬが花

Quote:
Originally Posted by XGeneral2000 View Post
I actually did not know that. Thanks for correcting me.

It doesn't really change how I feel about the arc, though I can somewhat forgive Ryukishi simply based on the fact there's so much original Higurashi (although I have to ask if the original content was this...tasteless). I guess my question, then, is why DEEN chose to animate this, of all things. Do they not have permission to adapt any of the PS2/DS/manga stuff? Because that material's honestly a lot more interesting than Rei. And if that's the case, what's the source material for the 2nd episode of Kira (or does no one know)?

I suppose if DEEN really had nothing else to adapt, they can get some of their points back. Batsukoishi-hen was literally the last thing I wanted to see animated.
No source material for the 2nd episode of Kira. The rest of the arcs are all new original stories. I don't see why they can't get permission from Alchemist to animate the PS2 / DS arcs, but I don't see why they should, if it's already voiced and has sold pretty well in Japan.

As for the manga stuff, I wouldn't have entirely minded if they animated a sugary arc like Kokoroiyashi-hen if they were aiming for a silly comedy. That arc was cute and hilarious at some parts, in my opinion

I'm not sure if I can really classify Batsukoishi-hen as extreme "fanservice" in my dictionary. If fanservice by definition is meant to please the fans, this would be quite the opposite, judging by the general reaction of it.

Also, @Meri-chan, check your visitor messages~