View Single Post
Old 2012-04-05, 07:03   Link #265
Misdreavius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Well I just watched the first episode and it was okayish, I guess. It was interesting but there were parts that were just plain cliché and some the logic the characters gave was borderline nonsensical.

The idea of a genki female character that looks down on everyone and drags around a guy tsundere for her is just too similar to a certain other anime for my taste...
Well I can see many other features that make it very DISIMILAR to this other anime. That other anime's not about a student council, it's not about super powers, Medaka isn't god in "THAT" sense, but she is in terms of strength, Medaka's not genki O.o, she doesn't look down on people, she helps them, and Medaka doesn't drag Zenkichi around, she just wants to be with him, unlike a certain pair from this other anime at the start of THAT series.

And what's wrong with Zenkichi being similar to the guy from the other anime? That type of character is ten times better than the Ouma Shus of other animes.

And nowadays it's almost impossible to create a non-cliched story, seeing as cliches are the only way you'll get an interesting story, since almost every plot element has been done in some way or form.
Spoiler for unless:
Misdreavius is offline   Reply With Quote