View Single Post
Old 2013-03-07, 02:54   Link #1139
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Lol, I'm definitely not dreaming. Volume 1-5 is out in Chinese. Volume 6 just started with an amazing chapter 1 that sets up the well known political tone. Official Taiwanese publications have volume 1-3. The work is definitely there to be found.
Volume 6 is rife with the politics that make this series great, and it reaffirms the fact that it exists as a reality within this series and not just a background event to create excuses for the characters' next set of actions. There's even a scene where Elen deconstructs Mila's timely appearance in Volume 4.

From Elen, to Sasha, then to Valentina, Volume 6 was a great starter for the second arc as it lays the foundation for a lot of the political motivations for the Vanadis, and the countries involved. There's also a great brilliance behind the 'ulterior motives' of both Princes, showing just how much they could care less about their country and how unable they are to view the bigger picture regarding their Asvarre and its involvements with Brune, Zhcted, and Muozinel. Tigre's also beginning to flex his political and military muscles at this point, and flashbacks involving Mila show just how good he's getting. Even Olga is able to notice just how capable Tigre is.

I have suspicions that Balbarossa, the "undefeated" Muozinel general featured in Volume 4, might return in this second arc seeing as how prominent Muozinel's role is behind the scenes.

The lack of illustrations isn't even an issue; almost all who read the volume barely noticed it up until the end, and some people even have difficulty seeing Olga in the way the cover illustration portrays her as compared to the way the text details her. Myself included. The Olga that the cover illustration presents, is a very very different Olga from what the text conveys.