View Single Post
Old 2006-01-11, 13:25   Link #13
Furudanuki

I'm going to give Shuffle! and overall rating of 8, though I would go with an 8.5 if that was an option.

The series definitely wasn't perfect - too much time wasted early on that could have been used for the meatier portions of the plot. Shuffle! had some great potential that was not completely realized and the quality of the animation was inconsistant to put it nicely, but there were parts of this series that greatly exceeded my initial expectations - Kaede's arc generated a lot of buzz, but it was hardly the first or only stand-out moment. I have no real complaints about where the show wound up, but I think a smoother job could have been done getting from point A to point B. However, this seems to be a standard practice for this genre of anime in general, so Shuffle! is far from being alone that regard.

But in terms of my own personal enjoyment, Shuffle! has been first class. I don't require an anime to be a critical masterpiece in order to enjoy it! Guilty pleasures are the best sometimes. And I will be watching Shuffle! again.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote