View Single Post
Old 2012-05-12, 15:51   Link #1447
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Also why does Haru need a level 1 bodyguard when he has a level 4 partner?
Apparently this Level 1 bodyguard is just that good.

Anyway I have another question: What's the deal with Taku and the Blues? Are they punishing Taku because he lost or because he broke their rules? Do they know he plans to join KYH? If so why would don't they knock him out of Accel World? Why is he still asking for more time anyway? Is he just trying to use them?

As for the episode It was alright and the plot is moving fairly well but there quite a few things that irked me. I didn't like how the story just completely skips over Taku and Haru confessing to Chiyu. That's the kinda thing we ought to be seeing. I also didn't like how those anonymous Burst Linkers were all chummy with Haru and Taku after they were beaten. I assumed that Accel World was a brutal "survival of the fittest" type of world. I suppose it still is but that kind of interaction is just a real mood killer. I can't say I like the interactions that much either. KYH being all tsundere just makes me roll my eyes for some reason and I would've liked to have seen more conflict from Chiyu's perspective about how she should deal with Haru and Taku. I also didn't like how Haru conveniently discovered his bodyguard, especially when I thought it was rather clever how she tricked Haru into typing his Burst Linker name to get his identity (who thought that he had avoided giving his identity away).

There was a bit of lolworthy moment though, when Haru thought it wasn't very honourable beating the crap out of Taku in Accel World for points but not batting an eyelid at KYH backstabbing another Level 9. Not that it surprises me. You're not gonna be particularly concerned about some anonymous guy you don't even know but when it's your friend then it's an entirely different matter. I just thought they could've lampshaded that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't see what Taku proved. He was athletic before Brain Burst - dodging books he knows are coming can't be that hard.
I don't even know how Acceleration helps anyway. If you have enough reaction time to Accelerate then surely you have enough reaction time to dodge the book?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote