View Single Post
Old 2006-02-25, 03:01   Link #43
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

FUNi generally will have a good marketing campaign, and I am pretty sure they are going to ride the popularity wave of this for word-of-mouth advertising from us who have either purchased the R2s or seen the fansubs.

It shouldn't matter what the name of the anime is, I mean lets take Onegai Teacher/Twins...they got translated and they still sold well despite having a completely off-the-wall translation of Please Teacher/Twins. Rumbling Hearts is not that bad people, and like has been noted, the subtitle will still be Kimi ga Nozomu Eien so it's not like we're losing something.

As long as FUNi doesn't drop the ball with the packaging and contents, all should go well for KimiNozo in our markets. As for a success, other titles have been doing fairly well for it overall...Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, Comic Party, and when it comes out, To Heart. We'll also see how well Green Green does for the other end of the spectrum. I'm pretty confident KimiNozo will do well based upon just other's opinions getting around.