View Single Post
Old 2012-12-19, 22:38   Link #801
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I don't know of any gun owner that has fear.
Vigiiance, yes.
Fear, no.
Anger about how we are treated?
Yes.
Fear, no.
Frustration at the media and politicians for lying through their damn teeth about this issue?
Yes.
Fear. no.
Tired of having to listen to people who want someone else to protect them when the responsibility lies with the individual?
Yes.
Fear. no.
]
I know you are trying to defend your right to bear arms and all that jazz, and for the most part much of what you have written is understandable and acceptable (though a little too loose with the language) but you are digging your own hole with this rhetoric. "I don't buy firearms out of fear...I buy them out of ANGER!!! and FRUSTRATION!!!". Sorry, but you sound a little crazed. Maybe you should step back and try and reword some of this, because besides independence and to a lesser extent vigilance (which is many times actually rooted in some form of fear), your word choice is fairly scary and does nothing for your case.

That being said, can we get off the "Civil War 2013 (BYOG)" bandwagon. We're not going to have a civil war over an assault rifle ban and trying to use the fear of such a horrific event in this discussion does nothing but makes anyone using the argument look silly.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote