Thread: Visiting Japan
View Single Post
Old 2006-12-14, 14:43   Link #187
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
Strangely Akiba wasn't the place I would call my heaven..... I had a lot more fun in Den Den Town and Ikebukuro....... Ikebukuro's animate was awesome and Den Den was just shop after shop of models..... It's also where I got my Minna models (densha otoko)! XD
I did go to Ikebukuro's animate, but by then I had spent all my spending money in Akihabara. Animate wasn't really my favourite shop because I didn't have PLENTY of money, and Animate seemed like the HMV/Virgin of anime and you could find cheaper prices in smaller shops in Akiba. Tora no Ana was good even though it was big, though and I had fun browsing through doujin (made me hungry for Comiket) Picked up a few Rozen Maiden ones.

The thing with these anime stores is I was just TOO overwhelmed by the number of goods available, especially since I live in London where anime merchandise is hard to come by cheaply.

We should have spent more time in Ikebukuro, we just visited that street which begins/ends at the Hello Kitty store, and ends/begins at that car showhouse.