View Single Post
Old 2007-05-06, 00:10   Link #12
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Personally, I think that formation of Barrier Jackets is more of a layered process, in terms of defensive formats at least for the complex ones like the ones employed by Nanoha and Fate. Since I was the one who explored the magical formulaic equations = result thing, I'll use a similar argument and say that Barrier Jacket is probably like a layer of tri-supportive defensive protocol that is augmented on both non-physical emulation of wrap-on non-matter forming barriers (( which explains why they can crash to debris and not be cut/why henshin sequences are in mono-colours with no nipples etc )) alongside regular appliance of Barrier Jackets as we see it in the regular formation of the clothing used in, using similar arguments of magical output that balances sub-atomic bonding that is reinforced, something like vulcanized rubber as opposed to natural rubber in terms of molecular formation.

Though nanomachines is the bread and butter for all psuedo-science appliances on a semi-realistic plane of arguments, I think it's both a balance of magical energy released that converts the structure of the magical particles on an molecular level that creates a balance of energy conversion or matter conversion, or just outright concentrated raw magical output, that can be differentiated by differing executions of magical spells and effects that range from beams, to magical manipulation that resembles regular matter, elemental conversion of energies, among other things.

If I recall properly, didn't Chrono bleed in Nanoha? It might be a representation on how his BJ's constantly on, on the sense that it reflects a different formation where his actual BJ's doesn't completely materialize actual physical formation and is more on the outer, non-physical layers.

I'm starting to not make sense.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.