Thread: Licensed Ghost in the Shell ARISE
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-17, 06:41   Link #75
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Looks like Production IG put up an official English report on their site: http://www.productionig.com/contents..._the_sh_5.html

Quote:
Production I.G announces the production of Ghost in the Shell: Arise, the new chapter of the world million-selling franchise of Ghost in the Shell, originally created in 1989 by comic artist Shirow Masamune.

Ghost in the Shell: Arise, to be launched in 2013, will be directed by Kazuchika Kise (chief animator in both Ghost in the Shell and Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence movies) while the screenplay will be penned by award-winning novelist Tow Ubukata (Mardock Scramble, Le Chevalier d'Eon) and the music composed by Cornelius (Appleseed: Ex Machina). Shirow Masamune will also directly contribute to the project.
An official presentation with special guests will take place at the nicofarre event hall in Tokyo on February 12, 2013 and will be webcast live worldwide with simultaneous translation from 9:00 pm (Japan time) on Niconico, Bandai Channel and YouTube.

About the director: Kazuchika Kise
Born in Osaka in 1965. After graduating from high school, Kise enrolled an animation school, but quit after just four days to join Osaka-based studio Anime R. He then moved to Production I.G in the studio's early days. A natural talent, he became one of Mamoru Oshii's favourite artists, serving as animation supervisor in the two Patlabor movies (1989 and 1993), the groundbreaking Ghost in the Shell (1995) and its Palme d'Or-nominated follow up Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence (2004). Other notably works include, Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death and Rebirth (1997), Blood: The Last Vampire (2000) xxxHOLiC - A Midsummer Night's Dream (2005), Musashi: The Dream of the Last Samurai (2009) and Blood-C: The Last Dark (2012). He made his directorial debut in 2011 with the short film, Drawer Hobs, that was selected at Sitges and SICAF film festivals. Currently head animator at Production I.G's Studio 2, Kise is commonly regarded as one of Japan's finest animation artists.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote