View Single Post
Old 2006-11-25, 23:21   Link #47
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I''ve been biding my time patiently while watching this series...I finally caught up with everyone else so I can now post in this forum without the prospect of being spoiled...Like many I thought last episode was intelectually shattering, but I found this ep to also be quite remarkable in a different way...While Light is little too arrogant for his own good his deductions are quite nice at times...Him noticing that someone would go to the lengths of re-positioning his paper-trap exactly as it was before being the harbinger that he was under seige was well concieved...

As for L's constant countering to what he was seeing from Light I take that with a grain of salt...Obviously to the audience it seems as if Light is losing in some respects despite his seemingly perfect adaptations, but I see that as L's extreme...L personifies overkill in-terms of analysis and him being overly-speculative of Light's movments is more telling of L's obsessive inquisitive nature rather than Light's mishaps...While Light may be acting suspiciously "normal" I take it L would would equally bothered if he wasn't acting as "perfect"...To be sure it helps having an invisible reaper to aid you if you're Light which L could never comprehend or equate in his observations (The intel on the cameras from Ryruk is invaluable)...So basically I'd say Light is still ahead despite people thinking L is closer that he really is...Arrogant snot doesn't equal main-suspect...

As for the rest of this episode Ryruk's drug-addicted withdrawl from apples was too funny...I could see that even being a bargaining chip with Light at some point^^....Also L slurping ice-cream as he psyco-babbles Light's actions was, well, weird...Light has some house-cleaning to do but he's far from being a main suspect IMO...Anyways can't wait for the next episode of this great series...