View Single Post
Old 2008-03-31, 13:58   Link #83
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Could be. It seems the ability to use multiple elements is limited though since Kakashi was impressed with Kazuka's ability to use any element. From this I assumed you needed some affinity to even use an element properly (i.e., for bigger jutsus).
It's probably about chakra usage: if you have an affinity you need less chakra for the same effect, and with the same amount of chakra you can do more damage. Also that means that the maximum power of the jutsu can be achieved if you have an affinity to the element of the jutsu. So even if a kage level guy knows jutsu for all elements he will most likely use only one or two elements because he has limited chakra and also because he wants to make the strongest jutsu he can. The reason to use other elements is that the ninja has made a good tactic for it or that the element is good against the other element. For example Kakashi uses lightning against earth when killing Kakuzu's first heart, when he is attack by Itachi's fireball he uses earth elemnt to hide himself. Kakashi also uses water when needed. I guess Kakashi has no affinity for earth but he uses it when it's effective for defense. Kakashi's earth skills are probably limited to basic defense type jutsu, if he would fight with earth he would be out of chakra very soon, and of course he would be unable to make earth from nowhere like the 3rd hokage did in his fight against Orochi.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote