View Single Post
Old 2013-01-07, 19:11   Link #14
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Personally, I like the sports nerd nice guy idea better - he's more just seems more likely to be able to provide real advice. If you write him in the spirit of the protagonist in Katawa Shoujo I don't think he'll come off as weak. It could create some opportunities for her to save his butt and vice versa - creating a solid bond if not romance.
Thank you.

Quote:
Nothing wrong with the two friends on the team (actually somewhat likely since Japanese tend to isolate themselves to their "club" and "classroom") - You would want to make sure they stand out in their own way (e.g. chaotic on the court, brilliant but undependable, accident-prone, team clown, etc).
This actually fits my idea of a coach who likes to substitute his/her guys often, so everyone comes back into the game fresh, kinda like good old Utah Jazz' Jerry Sloan.

Friend A is more of a hyperactive type, while Friend B is more of a reserved type.

Okay, another one: Male or female coach, and how old should the coach be? I am more inclined to have a 30+ year-old female coach with international game experience, as well as being capable of handling even the roughest players as a coach, but is still considered a rookie coach by most HS coaches, who are usually 40+ year-old males.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2013-01-07 at 19:24.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote