View Single Post
Old 2006-05-01, 07:06   Link #296
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Actually I watched this episode quite a few days ago. I gave 9. Because I don't like to give ten so easily (until now I gave 10 to episode 2, and 9 to the the others).
Let's say that the show kept its usual pace, and didn't lost its path even if temporarily deviating by the main story of the Melancholy.
Probably I decided for a - 1 because of the baseball. It's a very unpopular sport in my country (maybe it'd be more fair to say "unknown") and thus I don't have a clue about the rules, except that there are homeruns and innings. If it was football (aka soccer - which on the contrary is "the sport" in my country) it probably would have been more enjoyable to me.
Even so, the characters were so peculiar in playing, and the gags were just so previous episodes alike that I couldn't help but to highly enjoy this episode too

Remarkable the fact of giving out episodes in random order, causing moment of "wtf" ? .. well I like that , it's for the sake of being original so thumbs up. I love the way when in the preview Kyon corrects Haruhi by saying that super high-pitched "chigau!!!!!" (wrong) , that made me laugh quite a lot

Props for the ED theme, probably my #1 hit for year 2006. Looking forward for May 10th, day of single release