View Single Post
Old 2006-11-08, 19:52   Link #718
Azira

Wow guys, thank you for being so kind. Everything mentioned above helped me understand what I seek greatly. Thank you for helping me open the doors to this great community. I was able to absorb what you guys said and find out much much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool View Post
I'm of the opinion that visual novels are an entirely different type of new media (not quite book, not quite game, not quite comics, not quite movie, but features a bit from all of the above), so the criteria to judge them would be

1. art (very important the more ero it is)
2. story / scenario (extremely important if its to be a memorable experience)
3. replayability (here's where actually being game-like even with basic but fun gameplay elements really helps a lot)

and of course music, but that adds to the whole experience.

Determine what's most important for you.

Unfortunately there's very few offerings for the English market, the resources are already mentioned. Which means you'll be pretty much playing purely on 1.) or 3.) until someone decides to release a patch for 2.)
Can't wait to dive in to some visual novels. It looks like translations are no problem. It seems I can use a third party program to translate the games for me.

If anyone else has anything they would like to add please do

Last edited by Azira; 2006-11-08 at 22:24. Reason: sorry if my links broke any rules
Azira is offline   Reply With Quote