View Single Post
Old 2008-03-31, 21:15   Link #1020
wao
OK.

Well from the stuff I've read here and there from DTMers outside of Japan and other tech geeks (who aren't necessarily fond of Japan), it seemed to me like Crypton's Vocaloids are just "child's play" or "nothing much" - nothing new, anyway, something that's been achieved before (really?) and doesn't seem amazing. I remember people saying that in the first place Vocaloids shouldn't be used for anything more than back vocals...

Mind you I don't go often to DTM/DAW support forums; these are merely very shallow observations from a few cases. I do think there are a number who strongly oppose the personification of software into cutesy kitsch icons because it makes it look like a toy; I saw a few people quite annoyed by the introduction of FL-Chan for Fruity Loops Studio, for example. "We don't need stupid anime mascots in a professional program" - that sort of feeling. One understands why Crypton would be careful about Miku's image (I think the dakimakura killed that though).

Eh, I don't make music or have any musical sense but personally I still think the best Vocaloids are Meiko and Leon, not the newer stuff Maybe I just like mellow voices.