View Single Post
Old 2012-12-31, 23:50   Link #188
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, at the same time, next year I wouldn't mind if we could think of some way to consolidate the threads or do it better. There's a "most disappointing", "most surprising", "Best OP/ED", and then there'll be the "Choice Awards"... from my point of view, it's already too many threads that sort of do revolve around lists anyway (and there might have been more). I'm not really sure how to make it better, but I'd prefer if we can come up with some way of consolidating it somehow. (It's either that or, maybe, you create a "2013 Year in Review" sub-forum and just have everything grouped together there? But on the other hand, that's making it ever worse...)

(I have to admit that I generally have a dislike for popularity contests of all kinds, so trying to turn this into some sort of "vote" to see what show's the "number one most disappointing" really doesn't appeal to me at all. It really doesn't convey much of value because the reasons something is disappointing are more important than the count. The count itself is mostly a function of the popularity or hype; the more people tried anything, the more people will (probably) be disappointed by it. See also the endless list posts on a certain NSFW anime-themed blog where all the lists are almost always the same, with most-hyped shows at the top of both favourites and most-hated.)
So does that mean that this year the staff are gonna disallow all those kinds of threads? It would be way easier really, it seems that too many people are getting offended in some way by these threads. . .probably better to just scrap them altogether.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote