Thread: Licensed CLANNAD the Movie
View Single Post
Old 2007-02-22, 18:25   Link #10
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Like I mentioned elsewhere when Toei announced the CLANNAD movie adaptation last year, there's a pattern to this thing. Toei has already worked on Kanon (TV anime) and AIR (movie), with Kyoto Animation coming into the scene later each time with something that completely shadows Toei's version of the adaptations. With a Toei CLANNAD movie due out this year, it would almost be natural to expect a Kyoani CLANNAD TV animation to follow after that. With Kyoani's current busy schedule though, nobody knows when it'll come. But I think all Key fans will agree by now that we expect no less than Kyoani when it comes to a CLANNAD anime adaptation.
You're not the first to mention it either, because I already came to the same conclusion some time ago during discussions in an IRC channel I idle in. I still believe that they should go with maximum wow factor the first time round with a 24-26 ep series done by KyoAni when they have time, rather than diving into a truncated feature film version like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Still, that doesn't mean the CLANNAD movie will be a flop.
Neither do I, and will likely enjoy it as much as I did the Air film (which was ok for the most part.) I just don't think it's really a good move.

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
It's too bad that no one's made Planetarian into a movie yet.
Now that's something I would love to see a good quality film of. It's short enough for it to be absolutely mind-blowingly awesome and atmospheric and sweet, particularly if a really high quality studio did it.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote