View Single Post
Old 2008-04-05, 23:33   Link #242
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
@ModokiBunny - I am glad that you agree with me . There is absolutely no way Lucci could ever stand up to Kuma. You know, there are people who still believe that Moria is on par with Kuma, in spite of the fact that Kuma has had greater showings of strength and ability. Just because Moria said something along the lines of "I know about your ability at least. Are you here to fight with me?", people tend to think that Moria can stand up to or possibly even beat Kuma. Another reason why some people think Kuma would lose to Moria, even though it has been explained so many times by now, is because he has a lower former bounty than Moria. Bounty is not an overall measure of strength; it is primarily a measure of the threat the individual possesses. It is based on how much trouble the individual has caused the world government. From Kuma's very first appearance at the warlord replacement meeting, I did not underestimate him just because he had a lower former bounty than Doflamingo. The fact that he completely decimated the strawhat crew with ease and has an extremely powerful devil fruit shows that a person with a lower bounty may in fact be stronger than another person with a higher bounty. In the thriller bark arc, Kuma proved that he is more powerful than Moria.
I agree with you overall, but I would like to stress one point, the key to the beauty of the One Piece Story lies in the fact that there is no definite power. Specifically, there is no perfect Devil Fruit, or perfect sword/fighting technique, etc. Anyone can gain the power to take on the world as long as their dream and their conviction are strong enough. Luffy, obstensibly, has a very weak devil fruit power, at least in comparison to other flashier devil fruits, but Luffy always wins in the end becuase he is creative and he pushes himself beyond his limits for his nakama and his dreams.

So, there is always a possibility that Lucci could beat Moria, or that Moria could beat Kuma. We can never say it is impossible, or at least in the One Piece universe there is no such thing as impossible, only improbable. I doubt that Lucci could beat Moria, and I doubt Moria can beat Kuma, but I would never say it is impossible.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote