Thread: Licensed Makai Senki Disgaea
View Single Post
Old 2006-04-11, 17:12   Link #105
Archuka
A territory most absolute

I was dissappointed with the first episode.

I didn't like the way they completely changed the story at all. The first episode also tried to introduce too many characters and in the wrong order in my opinion. Another thing I noticed was that the anime version seems to take the fights much more seriously than the game. In the game we had the hilarious and extremely overexaggerated attack animations. The anime, however, delivers what seem to be badly animated generic shounen-style fights.

It wasn't all bad, though; Flonne was done very well. I found her incredibly cute in the anime as opposed to occasionally funny, but mostly annoying in the game.

The good:
- Flonne
- It's Disgaea!

The bad:
- Poorly done fights
- Poor animation
- Messed up storyline
- Everything seems so average!

About the English localization of Disgaea:

The PAL version of Disgaea did for some mind-boggling reason not include the Japanese audio track, so I can't really compare to it, however, I do think Atlus did a good job with the localization. The Dark Adonis was funny even though it wasn't an accurate translation and I bet the prinnys are a lot funnier in Eigo with their "Dood!". The voice acting was overall very well done also. I have no complaints about the voice actors'/actresses' performances. Just try comparing it to something like Xenogears *shivers*.