The good:
- Flonne
- It's Disgaea!

The bad:
- Poorly done fights
- Poor animation
- Messed up storyline
- Everything seems so average!
Poorly done fights. You mean fight, right? You've only seen one fight. You've seen many sequences with mass chaos and damage ensuing, but only one fight. Laharl's confrontation with Gordon wasn't a fight. That was a "warm-up". Laharl catching that guy's sword with his bare hands wasn't a fight. What kind of fight lasts 3 seconds (the time it takes to activate Blazing Knuckle)? What kind of fights are you comparing them to? Dragonball fights? Fights where the character's introduction alone takes a whole season? Whatever.

Poor animation? What's this mean? What do you want, Gonzo 3-D effects? If that's what you want, maybe we can petition the production studio. Maybe they can give us the 3-D effects, and we can make 600-megabyte releases for you guys. Hey, what's 4x the download time when you guys get all the cool, state-of-the-art special effects?

Messed-up storyline? Ever heard of "don't judge a book by its cover"? You barely scratched the surface and you think you're Roger Ebert. Psh. You haven't even seen 10% of the goddamned series. Messed-up compared to the game? What game? Oh, the one Atlus released, right? The American release of Disgaea? I thought you guys didn't like the American release. First, you say that American release sucks, and then you're complaining because the anime doesn't resemble it. And, don't give me that crap about playing the Japanese version. The Japanese track wasn't included, and I don't expect any of you Japanophiles to know the difference between the two even if it were included.

Everything seems so average? Compared to what? Fullmetal Alchemist, with all 52 episodes finished? Magikano? Shuffle? Hantsuki? In case you were wondering, the last three received the same reviews at first. What review? "OMG ANOTHER HAREM ANIME SO FUCKING BORING OMGWTFLOL" And, then we literally had to cut down on the bandwidth for those because you guys kept sucking them up like you were a fleet of Oreck vacuum cleaners. Our DDL page literally broke within minutes.

You guys aren't reviewing the anime. How do I know? You graded this thing a long time before it was released. I checked the AniDB database. 20 votes with an average of 9.2 were cast BEFORE any raw was released. All you did grade your expectations; the hype. "This anime sounds cool, so I'll give it a review before I see it." After a few weeks, when you do see it, "OMG THIS ANIME ISN'T WHAT I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE IT SUCKS." Most of you are just equating "difference" to a lack of quality. Don't give it a bad grade because you disillusioned yourself. Don't give it a low rating because you were stupid and didn't know any better. Give it a bad grade because it deserves a bad grade, not because you were clueless.

Last edited by Sophia; 2006-04-11 at 23:51.