View Single Post
Old 2008-10-24, 11:45   Link #2
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This episode was quite a bit more complicated as it had to introduce much of the rest of the cast. The art club (shades of Sketchbook) is full of dysfunctional people and a pair of senpai that initially made me very irritable until they revealed more of their personalities. Again a lot of excellent animation, to the point I'm wondering if some of the middle episodes will have to be stick-puppets or shadow theatre to recover budget. Kudos to the director if he survives

Hilarious take on the "school's haunted house" and the way it set up Nagi's crisis of self. Liked the way the director overlay the ED with the introduction of Nagi's sibling.

Gave it an "8" mostly because the episode felt less other-worldly than the first two episodes, so that was purely subjective. Its also seems like any romance will be muted in the remainder of the story based on the conversation between Tsugumi and Nagi and the introduction of the problems that Nagi has to contend with. Not a bad thing, but I'm a sucker for romance. Oh, and "advantage to Tsugumi", fight-o.