View Single Post
Old 2012-08-15, 07:52   Link #1029
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I agree with most of what you say here Pelli but imo focusing too much on Chorus club would be a bit boring.
Heh, point of views. You call it boring while I'd call it refreshing. Once I'll digest the turn this anime is taking, I'll probably enjoy it more because I already like both characters and environments. As of now, it just caught me off guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
P.S. I don't understand what you mean about low level of alchemy between the members. can you expand on that .
It was a metaphor to illustrate that chorus members don't really get along with each other well, gender-wise. Females hang out with females, males hang out with males. Like this, the chorus is "fragmented", and as in most scenarios where teamwork is required, chance of growth/success are quite low.

Expanding a bit on the matter, the females represent the "choir" part of the club, while the males are the "badminton" part. In hindsight, the scene where the girls went to the concert together but without the guys makes more sense. I mean, it's no big surprise that they don't (or can't) blend well together. The authors used this trick to preserve both clubs from extinction, and they probably meant just that. It's one club now, but they're actually two inside, like before.