View Single Post
Old 2008-07-10, 12:23   Link #30
KitsuneNineTails
赤い狐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
For me it was exactly the contrary, since I found extremely weird that Reito (even if possessed by the Obsidian Lord) could almost successfully beat the crap out of Tate, who was a kendo student and was wielding the sword of Miyu. For a moment I thought that his normal katana should break for the impact.
Anyway, as you said before, that was a powerful moment in the anime, and one of my favorite too. I mean... I waited for 25 episodes for those two to get together, and for Tate to finally find a way to help those he loved
I had the impression that his katana was more than just a ceremonial sword, but I could have been wrong. I was definitely not a big fan of Yuichi screaming out "I LOVE MAI!!". I think a quieter, more personal declaration would have been more appropriate (and less Dragon-Ball-Z-ish), but oh well. There were quite a few tweaks in my head about how I would have rather seen the last episode fall out, but they are all basically small changes to the implementation. I really did like how the basic story wrapped up. But I do think the Alyssa thing would have added a bit of a dramatic, somber overtone to the otherwise silly/happy ending...

Ciao!