View Single Post
Old 2011-01-26, 03:32   Link #21746
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherringford View Post
That would be a great ending. Battler and Beatrice about to kiss, then time freezes, Will cuts it in half and kills it with Dine.

Game over.

I'm joking, but I wish there were more Dine rules. They didn't get as much attention as the Knox ones, which is a shame. S.S Van Dine is probably one of my top 5 favorite mystery writers.
You know, that'd be rather cool, in some fashion.
Just think of it: The fans are there, just in the moment. Shipping Maximus. Battler and Beato are really close, and then there's an *Ahem* out of nowhere. Battler and Beato stop and turn to see the one intruding this moment. The intruder is Will, who is there with his eyes closed and his stern face. He says "I'm sorry for intruding at such terrible time, but...". At this point Will, while keeping his eyes closed, shows his pimp smile and says: "There's one last bit that should be mentioned, before this touching closure." Battler and Beato ask what it could be, and then, suddenly, with a troll face at full Will says: "Van Dine's Twenty Rules. Rule #3. It is forbidden for a love interest to exist!" (Cue ending sequence)