View Single Post
Old 2012-08-09, 21:53   Link #97
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxine View Post
But...this is the thing, the status quo was blown the moment they tried to fight back. Even if they had lost, even if Chiyu healed Noumi and they repented, Noumi won't let thing's go back to how they were, where he gets x points a week.
I don't know... I think it depends on a) just how smart we think Noumi really is (in my judgement: not that smart, just spoiled), and b) if he thinks he still has the upper hand. He could use this as "this is what you get for trying to double-cross me and, guess what now it's double rations". Of course, that's not really the status quo either (because now Taku is involved), but one reaction he could take would be to entrench his position and think he has more leverage now than before. Particularly related to the next point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxine View Post
Even worse, the other characters have mentioned just how rare healer's are. I'm almost convinced Noumi didn't know about the healing power before this and if Chiyu wasn't being pressured by a 'greater' threat(i.e not the part about getting expelled), then it was the wrong thing to do to step in tbh.
If he didn't know that Chiyu was a healer, and he now thinks that she's on his side, he may feel even more invincible than before. It depends on just how convincing the act is. If she can play into his ego and make him believe that he's won her over completely, then he may go easy on the other guys for now (also knowing that they won't necessarily go against her).

But of course, again, this depends on Noumi displaying the same amount of sort of childish cockiness that he's shown so far... which I'm sort of counting on. His pride/arrogance is certainly going to be his downfall one way or another.