View Single Post
Old 2012-09-01, 08:55   Link #144
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
From another video I watched, indeed Connor nailed a few Continental soldiers as well. So, I don't see any problem at all since all faithful players of Assassin's Creed games like me know that the storyline always will involve shades of grey and allegiance switching.

In the original Assassin's Creed, some people must have had negative comments about attacking Crusaders because the trailer showed that before they even played the game.
Thats only in one more recent video where as 99% of the rest especially the newest depict Connor killing only a large number of redcoats instead of balancing it out, I'm sure it'll likely be less one sided when playing through the game itself but its how its being marketed thats getting to a lot of people.

A lot of people think that Ubisoft are pandering to the US and that they are afraid to depict early Americans being brutally killed by an assassin in case it "hurts feeling" or "upsets" a key market which would effect sales..

From the trailers alone its easy to assume Connor is sided with the US colonies against the nasty British empire which is somewhat ironic when you consider his heritage (being from the mohawk tribe who actually fought for the British) and the time frame period its set it.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote