View Single Post
Old 2012-10-13, 06:52   Link #2156
calorie

At long last, I've found the time to read The Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoyevsky.

The ending was a bit unexpected, I'd thought it was spoiled for me but there was a very important part left at the very end after all. All of Dostoyevsky's books make me feel as if they were written by some omniscient being, not a mere human. It is hard to believe someone could have such a piercing gaze into the furthest depths of human mind. Gives you the feeling that there is literally nothing left to be said and that what's written is the absolute truth. And we are talking about all kinds of different personalities, not only the one the writer might feel the closest to.

Started reading the Great Expectations by Dickens, been meaning to do it for a while now and it's the first book to get onto my One X's Kindle app. After that I'm planning to satisfy my craving for Murakami's novels (shame he didn't get that Nobel prize...although I feel like he's not quite ready for it) and also The Idiot by Dostoyevsky.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote